The Virtual Hub
The Virtual Hub is our sandbox, to have fun exploring the recent advances in science and technology, by leveraging the power of the internet.
Audacious Project - Institute for Protein Design
The Institute for Protein Design at the University of Washington aims to accelerate the pace of discovery and dissemination of new protein technology. Their audacious project will focus on five Grand Challenges:
(1) universal vaccines for flu, HIV and cancer,
(2) advanced medications for chronic pain and neurodegenerative diseases,
(3) protein nano-containers to bring medicines to specific cells,
(4) smart protein therapeutics that can recognize cancerous or otherwise unhealthy cells, and
(5) next-generation nanoengineering for solar energy capture and storage.